9:00am – 5:00pm Central Daylight Time **Time Converter**
Video available through April 2022, at minimum
This course includes both real-time lecture and demonstration at the quilting machine, and using Pro-Stitcher Premium in simulation mode. Students will not work at their own machines during class, but will be given projects to complete after class.
The class sessions will be recorded, then hosted on this website for students to watch as often as they wish, for a period of not less than six months after posting.
Class preparation: Have a basic understanding of Zoom. Watch a tutorial here. New users can join a Test Meeting in advance and check their audio and video settings.
Enrolled students will receive an email the evening before the event containing the meeting Zoom link and course handouts.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Program navigation – Overview of tools, features, and settings
- Updating Pro-Stitcher – Why, when, and how
- Working with Simulation
- File Types: Designs, Workspaces, and Areas
- Working with purchased designs
- Creating a variety of edge-to-edge quilt layouts, including wrapping
- Drag and drop method for accurate advancement of the quilt including solutions for gaps between rows, and pattern “drift”
- All about the New Start/End tool
- In-Depth Interruptions: Easily realigning the pattern with existing quilting, bobbin changes and thread breaks, and restarting anywhere
- Working with multiple designs simultaneously
- Stitching Corners and Borders seamlessly
- In-depth Cropping: Inside, Outside, Start/End
- Setting accurate and effective Areas
- Custom Quilting and the Modify Tools
- Working with irregular spaces
- Using Move, Mark, and Record
- Special Homework Projects
- Introduction to Pro-Stitcher Designer
- Ask the teacher: What would you like to know?